view from the condo on oahu - diamond head
waikiki beach
hanauma bay - snorkelling spot
for Jeremy!
Shave Ice - DELICIOUS treat!
We're in Kauai... we've spent two full days and it truly is the Garden Island! It's so lush and green, with flowering plants everywhere! It's been fanatastic and there's sooo much to do! The first day we spent some time touring around to different lookouts... the first two waterfalls I saw were spectacular but... couldn't get very close to them. But... the third we stumbled upon was more secluded, much smaller... and had a swimming hole at the bottom. To get to it you had to jump over the falls and land in them!!! My dream come true... swimming in waterfalls in hawaii!! There was also a cool rope swing!
jumping into the falls! - Kipu Falls
And I know I said we did the best hike ever a few days ago... but I lied... yesterday we did the best hike ever!! It's considered one ofo the top hikes... the Kalalau trail... you can only hike two miles in without a permit... there's aquamarine ocean on one side and lush green rainforest covered cliffs that you're climbing through with mountains on the other!! From the 2 mile point you can hike into the valley along a river another two miles to this waterfall... it was HUGE and stunning... and again... you can swim in it! Altho the water was ice cold! But the beauty was worth the 8 miles and I'd do it all again!!
We've been staying in a cool hostel with lots of character! There's a few "lifers" so it seems... and only one middle-aged creepy guy that seems to be high all the time and is very friendly but... after we checked in, we really didn't run into him at all. And really, we were never at the hostel!
No comments:
Post a Comment